Puff pastry snack with tomato tapenade
To make the tapenade
- 150 gr dried tomatoes
- 5 tomato cherry fresh
- 30 gr pine nuts
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1 tblspoon grated parmesan
- 1 tspoon rosemary
- 3 tblspoon olive oil
- 1 pepper and salt
To make the dip sauce
- 2 sheets puff pastry preferable rectangular shape
- 1 egg just the yolk
- 1 tblspoon black sesame seeds
- 125 gr greek yogurt
- 1/2 lime just the juice
- 1 black pepper
- 1 tspoon oregano
Make the tapenade
- Cut the dried and fresh tomatoes into pieces. Put these in the blender together with the pine nuts, garlic, parmesan cheese and the olive oil. Mix the whole mixture into a homogeneous mass. If it is too dry, you can add a tablespoon of water. Add the rosemary and if necessary season with pepper and salt. (Note: dried tomatoes can already be salty)
Make the dip sauce
- Mix 125 gr yogurt with the lime juice and the oregano. Season with black pepper and finish with a few drops of olive oil.
- Put a sheet of puff pastry open on your worktop. (sprinkle a little flower first on your worktop so the pastry does not stick) Add the tapenade richly on top of this sheet, also the edges. Put the second sheet nicely on top. Now cut (in the shortest length) strips of 2 cm. Disconnect them. Hold one end and gently turn the other end in the same direction as with a screw. Crush the ends together with your fingers and place them on a baking tray with paper. Mix the egg yolk with 1 tablespoon of water and brush the puff pastry with it. Sprinkle the sesame seeds over it. Bake them in a preheated oven at 160º for 20 min.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >