Potato rosti with spicy lentils
- 200 gr lentils if necessary soak them a few hours in water
- 1 liter vegetable broth
- 1 wortel
- 5 tomatoes
- 1/2 spring onion
- 150 gr peas you can use frozen ones
- 1/2 red sweet pepper
- 125 gr greek yogurt
- 3 potatoes
- 3 eggs
- 1 handfull mixed herbs oregano, coriander,…
- 1 clove garlic finely cut
- 4 tblsp olive oil
- 1 pinch spicy red pepper powder
- Cook the lentils in the vegetable broth. When you have the lentils soaked in water they should not cook that long. Read the instructions on the packaging. Let them drain and set aside.
- Chop the onion and cut the tomatoes into cubes. Sauté the diced tomatoes with the onion and garlic. Let simmer for 5 minutes. Now mix the tomatoes, onion and garlic in the blender to make a sauce. Make it spicy by adding the red pepper powder and set aside.
- Now cut the peppers into pieces of 2×2 cm. Scrape the carrots and cut thin strips with a peeler. Bake the peppers in the wok, along with the peas and add the carrot strips after some minutes. Let it fry and then add the tomato sauce and lentils.
- In a small pan you heat 2 tablespoons of oil with salt, pepper and oregano. Let the oil not become too hot. This oil is used to sprinkle on the yogurt.
- Peel the potatoes and grate them with a grater. Beat 3 eggs and season with salt and pepper. Put the grated potatoes in a clean tea towel and press the liquid out. Mix the grated potato with eggs.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add 2 tablespoons of the potato-egg mixture into the pan. Bake and when you see that the base gets some color, you turn it over like a pancake. One rosti a person is often sufficient.
- Serve the rosti with the vegetables and a spoonful of yogurt sprinkled with herb oil.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >