Strawberry waffles with blueberries and yogurt
- 80 gr flour self raising
- 40 gr oats milled
- 120 ml almond milk
- 1 egg
- 15 gr baking powder
- 1/2 tspoon cinnamom powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 vanilla stick
- 2 tspoon custard powder
- 20 gr butter
- 10 strawberries
- 2 tblspoon cocos blossom sugar
- 250 gr blueberries
- 1 tblspoon agave syrup
- 125 gr greek yogurt
- Cut the strawberries into pieces. Mix the flour with the milled oats. (You can mill oat flakes yourself in the cutter) Beat the egg and mix with the milk. Add this to the flour together with the baking powder, the cinnamon and the vanilla powder. Melt the butter (on a gentle fire without the butter coloring) and mix under the dough. Halve the vanilla and scrape out the seeds. Add to the mixture with the coconut blossom sugar and the sliced strawberries. Put the dough in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Heat the waffle iron. If necessary, grease the baking sheets with some oil or butter. Spoon a full spoon (the dough must be consistent, no-fluid) dough and place it in the middle of the baking sheet. Leave for 2-3 minutes. (The baking time depends on your waffle iron, so check it in between)
- Put the blueberries in a pan and put on a gentle fire. Add the agave syrup. Mix well. Remove from the fire when the berries release their juice.
- Together with the strawberry waffles you put some yogurt and blueberries in the plates. This is a filling and delicious breakfast.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >