Banana pancakes with coconut and mint
- pancake pan
- 3 bananas ripe
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 120 gr flour
- ½ tspoon cinnamon
- 1 packet vanilla sugar
- 1 tspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch salt optional
- 15 gr coconut oil
- 6 tblspoon grated coconut
- 2 tblspoon fresh mint leaves
- 3 tblspoon maple sirope or honey
- Crush two ripe bananas with a fork.Beat the eggs with a beater and add the coconut milk, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, vanilla sugar and 3 tablespoons of grated coconut. Mix well with the beater to a consistent but liquid dough. Mix in the crushed bananas. Add a pinch of salt if wanted.
- Put a little bit of coconut oil in a small pancake pan Ø 15-20 cm. Let this warm up for a while and then scoop in ½ a ladle of the dough. Turn the pan so that the dough spreads over the surface. Let fry for 2 minutes. At the top you see that the dough is starting to bake and then you can turn the pancake. Shake it loose and if necessary use a flat spatula to turn it. Cook for another full minute (or more) on this side as well.
- These pancakes are thicker than usual pancakes, so depending on the size of your pan, add enough dough.Once baked, place them on a warm plate covered with baking paper or aluminum foil.
- Cut one or more bananas in half and fry them in a little coconut oil until they start to colour.
- Finely chop the mint leaves with a knife. Serve the pancakes with a little syrup, grated coconut and mint. Also add some fried banana.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >