Banana pancake with baked cinnamon apples
to prepare the apples
- 3 apples
- 1 tbsp coconut blossom sugar
- 1 pinch cinnamon
to prepare the pancakes
- 100 gr spelt flour
- 150 ml almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Smash the bananas with a fork. Mix the flour, eggs and milk until you have a homogeneous texture. Stir in the banana with a spoon.
- Heat a bit of oil in a small pan (diameter 15 cm) and put a spoonfull of the mixture into the pan. Bake for 2 minutes. When you see the dough begins to brown at the bottom, you can turn the pancake.
- In the meanwhile, you remove the core from the apples and slice them, about 0.5 cm. Heat some oil in a pan and fry the apple slices, sprinkle with the coconut flour sugar and turn them after a few minutes. Sprinkle again with coconut sugar. Let them caramelize.
- With this mixture you can bake about eight pancakes. Put a pancake on each plate with some apple slices. I even put some extra fresh fruit on the plate.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >