Carrot – turmeric waffles with yogurt and green vegetables
- waffle iron
- vegetable grater
- 150 gr flour
- 150 gr grated carrot raw
- 3 eggs
- 1 t spoon turmeric
- 2 t spoon baking powder 8 gr
- 1 shallot
- 2 tbl spoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbl spoon olive oil to grease waffle iron
- 250 gr greek yogurt
- ½ pomegranate only the seeds
- 4 tbl spoon erwten blanched
- 1 handfull snap peas blanched
- 1 handfull rocket salad
- 1 avocado
- 1 handfull lamb's lettuce
- 1 handfull sprouts variety
Making the waffles:
- sift the flour and mix with the baking powder and turmeric.
- Beat the eggs and mix with the flour. Make sure that the flour is completely incorporated and that no lumps remain.
- Mix in the raw grated carrot, finely chopped shallot and 2 tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Let the dough rest for half an hour.
- remove the seeds from the pomegranate and mix with the yogurt.
- Put a pot of water on the heat , bring to a boil and add the peas and the snap peas. Let it boil for 1 minute and pour through a sieve. Cool briefly with cold water.
- Cut the avocado into wedges. Divide the lettuce, arugula, peas and short peas between the plates.
baking the waffles:
- Grease the waffle iron with olive oil and let it get hot.
- Scoop a generous spoonful of the batter onto the iron, close the iron and let it bake for about 3-4 minutes (depending on the waffle iron). Take a look in between and if you need more time, let it bake for a while.
- Serve the waffless warm together with the lukewarm lettuce and a spoonful of yogurt.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >