Corn soup with smoked mackerel and peas
- 400 gr corn fresh or from a can
- 1 onion big one
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 stalk leek
- pinch pepper and salt
- 1 liter vegetable broth
- 2 fillets smoked mackerel
- 200 gr peas
- Chop the onion and cut the leek along with the celery into small pieces. Stew the vegetables in olive oil with the clove of garlic .
- If you use canned corn then, add this at the end. In case the corn is fresh then you will have to boil it about 15 minute.
- Meanwhile, you bring some water to boil in a small pan. Let the peas simmer and once al dente, pour through a strainer.
- Blend the soup. I love the soup fairly consistent, serve in dinner plates with a piece of smoked mackerel and two tablespoons of peas. Sometimes I make a salad with this plate to have a complete meal.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >