Delicious tomato soup with bread crusts
- cooking pot
- 5 grote ripe tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 onion
- 1 liter vegetable broth
- 6 dried tomatoes sun dried
- 125 gr sour cream
- 4 slices bread old bread
- 3 tbl spoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- few basil leaves or sprouts
- Rinse the tomatoes, remove the hard core and cut into cubes. Peel the sweet potato and cut into cubes as well. Peel the onion and cut it into coarse pieces. Shred or grate the garlic clove.If you use dry packed dried tomatoes, it is best to soak them the night before or in water or oil.
- Put 1 tbsp oil in a pan and sauté the onion and garlic for 3 minutes. Add the sweet potato and tomato cubes. Stew for about 5 minutes. if necessary, add an extra spoonful of olive oil.Pour over the vegetable stock and add the dried tomatoes. Let it simmer for 15 minutes until everything is cooked. Blend with a mixer or blender. Taste and season with some salt and pepper if desired.
- Cut the bread slices into 1 cm dice. Put 2 tbsp olive oil in a pan and fry the crusts. Add oil if necessary. Season with a pinch of salt. Once golden brown, place them on kitchen paper.
- Serve the soup warm with the crispy crusts, a few basil leaves and a spoonful of sour cream.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >