Eggs with chili butter and yogurt, Cilbir, a Turkish dish
- cooking pot
- cutter / blender
- 4 eggs fresh
- 400 gr greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pinch salt
- 100 gr butter unsalted
- 1 tbl spoon olive oil
- ½ t spoon chili flakes
- ½ t spoon sweet paprika powder
- 1 snuifje cumin
- 4 takjes dill
- Put the yogurt, the garlic and a pinch of salt together in the cutter / blender and mix well.
- Poach the eggs: (use fresh eggs!)Put a pot Ø30cm with water and a tbl spoon of vinegar on the heat and let the water boil. Turn the heat down so that you only see small bubbles. Make a swirling motion with a spoon to create a small whirlpool. Break the egg into a small jar. Bring the jar as low as possible to the rotating water surface and let it slide into the water. Leave this in the water for 4 minutes. Scoop the egg out of the water with a skimmer and repeat the above with the next egg.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over a low heat. Don't let the butter burn!. Add the tablespoon of oil and the spices: chili flakes, paprika and cumin. Stir well and set aside.
- Now put a few spoonfuls of yogurt on the plate, put the poached eggs on top and sprinkle with the chili butter. Sprinkle some shredded dill on top. Serve with flat bread.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >