Empanadas of baked grapes, ricotta and mint
- 15 sheets of dough ready for patties
- 200 gr blue grapes
- 25 gr fresh mint 1/2 for filling and 1/2 for dip
- 200 gr ricotta
- 250 gr greek yogurt
- 1 tbl spoon olive oil
- 2 eggs of which 1 only the egg yolk
- 1 lime zest
- pepper and salt
- For the dough I use ready-made round sheets of about 12 cm in diameter.Heat the oven to 180º.
First we make the filling
- Cut the grapes lengthwise into 4 or cut them into slices. I had chosen grapes without seeds. Put them in a pan and put on low heat. Let them bake for a while.
- Finely chop the mint leaves. Set half of it aside.Mix the ricotta with half of the chopped mint, one egg, the olive oil, the zest of one lime and the baked grapes. Season with some salt and pepper if necessary.
- Take a baking tray and line it with baking paper. Open the sheets next to each other. Spoon one spoonful of the filling onto the round dough sheets. Make sure you can fold one half and press the edges nicely. Do not break the dough or the filling will come out during baking.
- To decorate the edges I made small impressions with the back of a spoon. Here too it is important that you do not break the dough.
- From the second egg we only use the yolk and mix it with 1 tablespoon of water. Now brush the top of the pasties with this mixture.
- Place in the preheated oven for 20 – 25 minutes.
The yogurt dip
- Mix the greek yogurt with the other half of the chopped mint leaves. I put this in the cutter to get a very nice smooth dip.Season with salt and pepper and possibly some extra lime zest.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >