Fresh kiwi lemonade
A fresh kiwi lemonade full of vitamins and a delicious thirst quencher.
- 4 lemons only the juice
- 5 kiwi
- 3 star anise stars
- 90 gr white sugar or 3 tblspoons of honey
- 1,5 liter Water
- 1 pinch salt
- Halve the lemons and squeeze the juice. Pour this juice into a cooking pot together with the sugar or honey (whatever you choose). Put on a low fire and simmer for a while. In the meantime add the pinch of salt and star anise. Stir well and leave it for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel the kiwis and cut them into pieces. Take the pot of the fire and add the kiwi. Mix it all with a mixer. (Not too long because the black seeds shouldn't be mixed)
- Pour it all through a fine sieve. Push the pulp through the sieve with help of the back of a soup spoon. Only the black seeds should stay into the sieve.
- Pour into a jar. Fill the jar up with cold water (with or without bubbles) to a total of about 2 liters. Add some ice cubes. Mix well.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >