Galette with Greek goat cheese, orange and honey
- 4 orange bloodoranges
- 1 sheet shortcrust pastry
- 300 gr soft greek goatcheese Xinomizithra
- 2 tbl spoon honey
- 1 egg yolk
- pinch salt and pepper
- pinch coarse salt fleur de sel
- Preheat the oven to 180º.Remove the peel from the oranges with a knife. (Cut straight below and above the orange. Place it on the board and cut with your knife just below the peel from the top down.) Afterwards cut the orange into slices or wedges.
- Mix the goat cheese with 1 tablespoon of honey and season with some salt and pepper.
- Roll out the dough on a sheet of baking paper on the baking tray. In the middle divide the mixture of goat cheese and honey. Stay 3-4 cm from the edge. Place the slices and orange wedgets on top of the goat cheese.
- Fold the pastry edge inwards. Beat the egg yolk with 2 teaspoons of water. Brush the folded edge of the dough with this egg yolk. Then sprinkle a little coarse salt over it.Place in the preheated oven at 180º for 25 minutes.Remove from the oven and drizzle with one tablespoon of honey.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >