Grilled scampi with leek, carrot and anise
- frying pan
- grill pan
- 6 scampi big ones
- 1 carrot
- 1 leek
- 250 ml cocos cream
- 1 t spoon anise seeds
- 1 t spoon curry powder
- 50 ml Ricard pastis / anise drink
- ½ t spoon spicy paprika powder
- 2 tbl spoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Scrape the carrot and cut it together with the leek into small pieces. Put 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan and sauté these vegetables until they are al dente (+/- 5 minutes)
- Pour over the Ricard or another anise drink. Mix well and add the curry powder, anise seeds and coconut cream. Stir well, taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Peel the scampi leaving the tail on and remove the intestinal tract on the back by making a slight incision and gently pulling out the intestinal tract.
- Put a tablespoon of oil in a grill pan (rub the oil open with a brush). Season the scampi in advance on a plate with the spicy paprika powder, pepper and salt. When the grill is hot enough, place the scampi on top. Grill on both sides but not too long so they stay juicy.
- Put a big scoop of the carrot-leek mixture in the glasses and place a fried scampi in each glass.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >