Green pea and arugula hummus
- 500 gr peas fresh or frozen
- 1 handfull basil fresh
- 30 gr rocket salad chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tblspoon tahini
- 3 tblspoon olive oil
- 1 tspoon potatoes dried
- 2 tblspoon pine nuts
- pepper and salt
- Boil the peas, let them leak and cool. Grill the pine nuts in a small saucepan . I do this without adding oil but stirring regularly. Cut the basil and rucula into rough pieces.
- Put the peas together with the garlic, rocket salad, basil, tahini, estragon and 2 tablespoons of oil in the cutter. Mix the whole into a homogeneous paste but with still enough pieces and fibers. (For the decoration I keep some peas separately) If you need more oil you can add this. Seazon with pepper and salt.
- Put the green hummus on a plate and sprinkle the pine nuts and the peas that you have kept seperatly over it. Sprinkle with some extra oil. I like a spicy taste and sprinkle some spicy paprika powder over it.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >