Hake in “salsa verde”, a typical Basque dish
- casserole with lid
- 4 slices hake about 2-3 cm thick
- 1/2 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 200 gr peas may be frozen (preferably not a jar because they are no longer crispy)
- 100 ml white wine
- 1 tbl spoon flour to thicken the sauce slightly
- 3 tbl spoon olive oil
- 4 tbl spoon parsley flat-leaf parsley
- 250 ml broth fish stock (I sometimes also make it with vegetable stock)
- 4 eggs hard boiled
- pepper and salt
- Grate the onion with a coarse grater and cut the garlic into slices. Finely chop the flat-leaf parsley. (set aside a little to add afterwards when serving)
- Put the oil in a casserole and fry the grated onion and garlic slices.
- As soon as the onion turns transparent, add the flour, stir well. Pour over the white wine. Stir well again and then pour in the stock. Pay attention! Do not brown the onion and garlic. Let it boil for a minute and then lower the heat.
- Now add the peas and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Also put in the hake slices. Make sure they are well surrounded by the sauce. Put the lid on the pan and let it cook gently for another 10 minutes.
- Boil the eggs for 8 minutes (let the water boil first and then put the eggs in it). Remove the eggshell and cut them in half lengthwise.
- Remove the pan from the heat when the hake is cooked. Divide between the plates. Place two half eggs in each plate and add extra finely chopped parsley. If wanted, add a bit of black pepper from the mill and ready …
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >