Overnight chia oats with figs jam
- 4 tblspoon figs jam I prefer making this myself without adding extra sugars
- 2 tblspoon chia seeds
- 2 tblspoon oats
- 200 ml almond milk
- 1 vanilla stick
- 1 figs fresh
- 1 tblspoon raw almonds
- 2 mint leaves
- I made the jam before. On the website is a recipe of fig jam with ginger and clove. I prefer to use homemade jam because I do not add extra sugars and like to have pieces of fruit. Be aware that jam with less sugar can not be kept for a long time. It does not have to be a fig jam, you can choose any other one … according to your taste and choice.
- Cut the vanilla stick lengthwise and scrape out the seeds. Mix the almond milk, oat flakes, chia seeds and vanilla seeds. Put this mixture in the fridge during the night.
- In the morning you add an extra spoon of almond milk and stir well until it is smooth again. (maybe you need to add some extra milk.) Chop the almond nuts.
- Divide between two jars, alternating both the oat pudding and the jam. Sprinkle the finely chopped nuts on top. Finish with a little mint leave.
- Contain dietary fiber that lower cholesterol levels.
- Oat starch digests slowly. Oat gradually releases the glucose to the blood (low glycaemic index)
- Longer saturated feeling that can counteract the “extra – in between – snacks”.
- Rich in carbohydrates, fiber, protein and fat (more than other cereals)
- Promotes good intestinal bacteria.
- Chia seed comes from the flowers of a Mexican mint plant Chia.
- Contains many proteins, antioxidants, minerals and the healthy fats omega-3 acids.
- Before use, briefly crush in the mortar.
- Ensures a jelly binding in pudding.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >