Make your own fresh summery homemade iced tea
- water jug
- cooking pot
- 1,5 l water mineraalwater
- 1 juice of a lemon
- 1 peel of a lemon
- 1 lemon to add with serving
- 3 cm ginger
- 2 handful mint leaves fresh
- 2 sprig mint to add with serving
- 2 flower star anise
- 1 tblspoon honey
- Cut the ginger into fine slices. Rinse the mint leaves and star anise.
- Put a cooking pot on a low heat and fill with the water. I have a cristal water jug that can immediately be put on the fire. So I can prepare the tea in the jug.
- Add the lemon juice, peel, ginger slices, star anise, mint leaves and honey. Stir well and bring to boil.
- Turn off the heat, let it steep for another five minutes and pour the water through a sieve.
- If you want cold tea, let it cool down further and put it in the fridge for two hours.
- Fill your water jug with the tea, add ice cubes, some fresh lemon slices and sprigs of mint.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >