Hummus of chickpeas
- 500 gr chickpeas
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 lime juice
- 4 tblspoon olive oil
- 2 tblspoon sesame seeds toasted
- 1 handfull coriander fresh, chopped
- 2 tblspoon chili olie or any other spicy oil
- pepper and salt
- If you want to use dried chickpeas, put them in water one day before. Boil the chickpeas and let them leak and cool. Put a handful of chickpeas seperate. Combine with the 4 tablespoons olive oil, lime juice and garlic in the cutter and puree to a homogeneous mass. If necessary, add some extra oil if it is too consistent or too dry. Season with pepper and salt.
- Scoop the hummus into a serving bowl, scatter the chickpeas that you had stored seperate over it and sprinkle with the spicy chili oil. Finally, add some freshly chopped coriander leaves and the roasted sesame seeds.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >