Muffins with blueberries and yogurt
One Sunday morning, we just had breakfast with the kids and they are busy finishing their homework. When suddenly the wonderful scent of these fresh, just out of the oven muffins makes its way through the house, we all get a “warm nest” feeling … It may sound a bit corny but it still has this effect on us. With only 10 minutes of preparation and 15-20 minutes of baking time, you can score this fantastic effect within half an hour …
- 80 gr greek yogurt
- 125 gr flour
- 75 gr blueberries fresh
- 25 ml milk
- 65 gr honey
- 40 gr butter melted at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 lime zest
- First we are going to mix all dry ingredients. Put the flour, baking powder and salt together and mix well.
- Beat the egg with the mixer until fluffy. Mix the egg well with the Greek yogurt, milk, butter, vanilla extract and honey.
- Now add all together and mix well with a spatula. Stir in the blueberries gently. Keep some blueberries aside. Pour the dough into the paper molds (which in are in a muffin baking tin) Fill to about 0.5 - 1 cm below the rim. Push an extra blueberry into the dough here and there.
- Bake them in a preheated oven at 180º - 200º for 15 to 20 minutes. (depending on your oven). Keep an eye on them and the result should be colored light brown. Prick with a satay stick to see if the dough is also baked inside.
- Let them cool down in the oven with the oven door open. Scrape a little lime zest on top of the muffins to give them a fresh touch.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >