Mushrooms baked in honey with pistachio pesto
- frying pan
- cutter / mixer
- 8 mushrooms only 4 if you can buy the very large one
- 2 tbl spoon honey
- 1 tbl spoon soja sauce
- 1 tbl spoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
To make the pistachio pesto
- 100 gr pistachio nuts peeled
- 20 gr pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 20 gr basil fresh leaves
- 1 tbl spoon Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbl spoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
First we make the pistachio pesto
- Chop the basil leaves and garlic with a knife. Place all ingredients (pistachios, pine nuts, garlic, basil, olive oil and parmesan cheese) in a cutter and mix well. Make sure that you keep the structure so it should not be a soft, fine puree. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Clean the mushrooms with a brush. I never rinse them with water because they start to retain water and it is difficult to bake them crispy. (then they remain spongy) Carefully remove the stems so that you only have the hat. (don't throw them away… I use the stems in other dishes or soups)
- Mix the olive oil with the soy sauce and honey. Put this mixture in the pan and make sure the pan is warm enough. (make sure that the oil and honey do not burn) First fry the mushrooms with the hole side down for 2-3 minutes. Seazon with pepper and salt. Then carefully turn them over and bake this side also for 2-3 minutes.
- You will see that a lot of moisture is released, so do not put a lid on the pan because the moisture must be able to evaporate. Make sure they are nicely browned and season if necessary.
- Remove the pan from the heat and fill the mushrooms with the pistachio pesto (I use a teaspoon)
- Serve warm, maybe with a few fresh lettuce leaves.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >