Omelette with boletus, truffle and cottage cheese
- 2 frying pan
- 3 eggs
- 2 fresh boletus eryngii mushroom, porcini or other
- 120 gr cottage cheese
- 1 tblspoon truffle paste
- 1 tblspoon truffle caviar little pearls
- 2 tblspoon chives
- 2 tblspoon olive oil
- ½ tblspoon truffle oil
- 1 t spoon pink pepper
- salt and pepper
- Chop the chives and mix with the cottage cheese.Beat the eggs and season with salt and pepper.Brush the mushrooms and cut them into 1/2 cm slices.
- Put 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan and fry the sliced mushrooms.In another frying pan, put 1 tablespoon of olive oil and fry half of the eggs into an omelette. Place on a plate and fry the other half as well into an omelette.
- Spread the fried mushrooms on top of the fried omelette and apply some truffle cream/paste here and there. Spoon a generous spoonful of the cottage cheese on top. finish with the truffle caviar and drizzle with the truffle oil. To give the dish an extra touch of taste, I add some pink dried peppercorns.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >