Orange salad with burrata cheese and nut dressing
- cutter / blender
- 4 blood orange
- 1 orange
- 1 Burrata cheese
- 50 gr argula salad
- 1 head of lettuce
- 1 spring onion
- ¼ red onion
- 20 gr walnuts https://nuecesdecalifornia.com
- 1 handful basil leaves
- salt and pepper
The nut dressing:
- 100 gr walnuts https://nuecesdecalifornia.com
- 3 tbl spoon olive oil
- 1 tbl spoon soja sauce
- 1 clove garlic klein
- pepper from the mill
Make the walnut dressing:
- For this dressing I used walnuts: (https://nuecesdecalifornia.com) Place the nuts, olive oil, soy sauce, garlic and a pinch of pepper in the blender / cutter. Mix to a homogeneous sauce. Add additional oil if needed.
- Cut a slice of the oranges at the bottom and top. Set it on a board and then cut off the skin by cutting with your knife from top to bottom just below the skin. That way, only the pulp remains. Once the skin has been removed, cut it into ½ cm slices.
- Wash the lettuce, finely chop the lettuce hearts and place both the arugula and the shredded lettuce on a platter. Drain the Burrata cheese and add it to the lettuce. Divide the orange slices. Cut the red onion and spring onion into fine rings. Place on top of the orange. Sprinkle the walnuts and basil leaves on top.
- Put the salad on the table. Cut open the Burrata cheese so that the liquid cheese runs out. Sprinkle with the nut sauce and add some pepper from the mill on top.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >