Puff pastry snack with zucchini, tomato and thyme
- cutter / blender
- 1 vel puff pastry rectangular
- 1 zucchini
- 4 dried tomatoes
- 2 tomatoes medium sized
- 2 tbl spoon tomato paste
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbl spoon olive oil
- 2 tbl spoon pine nuts
- 50 gr boter
- 3 tl thyme
- 50 gr rocket salad
- First we are going to make a tomato paste. Cut the tomatoes into pieces and remove as much juice as possible. Put these pieces in the blender together with the dried tomatoes, garlic, tomato paste and oil. Season with salt and pepper. Mix for a few seconds until you have a firm mass with small pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 180º.Roll out the puff pastry and spread it with the tomato paste we just made. If you notice that you don't have enough pasta, cut 3 tomatoes instead of 2.
- With a vegetable peeler you cut lengthwise strips of the zucchini. Place these side by side on top of the tomato paste. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with two teaspoons of thyme.
- Melt the butter over low heat and mix with the remaining teaspoon of thyme.
- Now we are going to roll up the puff pastry again. Roll in the same direction as you laid the zucchini strips. Take a knife and cut the puff pastry into slices, about 3 cm. I still had some green asparagus and provided some rolls with a top of green asparagus…
- Place these rolls on a baking tray lined with baking paper and spread with the butter and thyme. Bake them for 25 minutes at 180º.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >