Beetroot pancakes with feta cheese
- 80 gr oatmeal flour you can grind flakes in a cutter
- 300 gr cooked beetroot
- 5 tbsp almond milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pich salt
- 2 tbsp cocos blossom sugar
- oliveoil to bake
- 200 gr feta
- 10 strawberries
- 1 tblsp agave syrup
- Cut the beetroot into pieces and finely chop into a cutter
- Beat the egg and mix it with the milk, beetroot, oatmeal, baking powder, salt and coconut blossom sugar. Mix well with a spoon. Add extra almond milk if the dough is too consistent.
- Take a small pancake pan (I have one of ø 15 cm), heat a little oil and spoon a bit of dough into the pan with a small ladle. Make slanted circular movements with the pan so that the dough can spread over the bottom. After about 2 minutes you can turn the pancake with a flat scoop.
the strawberrie sauce
- Cut the strawberries into pieces and heat them in a pan on a low heat, together with the syrup. Add 1 tablespoon of water if necessary. You can also prepare the sauce cold: Put the strawberries and the syrup in a cutter and mix into a homogeneous sauce.
- Crumble the feta cheese. Put two pancakes on a plate. Sprinkle with the feta and spoon over a tablespoon of strawberrie sauce.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >