Salad with mango,mackerel and avocado dressing
- blender / cutter
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime only the juice
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1 tbl spoon olive oil
- 1 handful parsley
- 2 tbl spoon honey
- 150 ml water
- white pepper and salt
For the salad
- 50 gr arugula
- 1 salad heart
- 1 mango
- 2 spring onions
- 100 gr smoked mackerel
- 1 handful pecan nuts
- 1 handful pistachio nuts
- 1 tbl spoon chives versnipperd
- pepper and salt
First we make the dressing
- Add all ingredients together in the blender or cutter and blend until you have a fine homogeneous dressing. Add additional water if it is still too consistent. Season with salt and pepper. Taste, maybe you want a little more honey or salt…everything to taste.
Make the salad
- Rinse the mango. There is a large pit in the middle. You can cut the mango completely vertically along the pit. Then cut it into slices. If it doesn't work, just cut large wedges from the mango. I leave the skin on for the presentation, but you don't eat it… (not me anyway)
- Remove the leaves from the lettuce heart and take out the hard part. Divide this over a serving dish together with the arugula. Cut the spring onions into fine rings and shred the chives.
- Divide the mango wedges on top of the lettuce. Cut the mackerel into pieces and put them in between. Sprinkle the spring onion over it along with the chives.
- Now also divide the pistachios, pecans and chives. Season with salt and pepper.
- At the end we add the avocado dressing. Quantity to your own taste.
- If you still have dressing left, this is also delicious with a piece of freshly baked fish. You can keep these in the fridge for two days.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >