Sandwich with egg, tomato and avocado, an ideal brunch
- frying pan
- cutter / blender
- fine sieve
- 4 small bread Use the bread you like the most. If you prefer the "pistolet" type than cut off the upper bold side.
- 4 eggs
- 1 tomatoes big, ripe one
- 3 leaves basil
- 1 spring onion
- 2 tbl spoon chives chopped
- 1 avocado
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 160º. Drizzle the top of the bread with some olive oil. Place them in the oven at 160º for 10 minutes.
- Beat the eggs and season with salt and pepper. Add some oil in a frying pan and stir fry the eggs.
- Cut the tomato into large pieces and put them in the cutter, along with the basil. Chop the tomato. Make sure that the cutter or blender does not run on a too high speed otherwise you will get pulp. Then put this in a fine sieve so that the excess juice can come out.
- Peel the skin of the avocado and remove the pit. Divide it into four. Cut each part lengthwise into smaller pieces. Note: Do this at the end because the avocado will brown just like an apple. You can also sprinkle a bit of lemon juice on them to counteract this.
- Cut the spring onion into fine rings and shred the chives.
- Remove the bread from the oven. Now put a good layer of the fried eggs on top, seazon with salt and pepper. Spoon a spoonful of the tomatoes on top and finally place the avocado wedges on top. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle the spring onions and chives on top. Drizzle a little more with olive oil and you're done.
2 responses to “Sandwich with egg, tomato and avocado, an ideal brunch”
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >