Arugula buckwheat pancakes with smoked salmon
- 100 gr buckwheat flour
- 50 + 10 gr arugula salad leaves
- 1 egg
- 200 gr smoked salmon
- 10 gr radish sprouts
- 1 tblsp black sesame seeds
- 1/2 tl baking powder
- 2 dl almond milk
- 2 tblsp butter for baking
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 handfull basil fresh
- 125 gr greek yogurt
- Put togheter the 50 gr arugula, milk, olive oil, egg, baking powder and salt in the blender and mix everything until the arugula is finely chopped. Put this mixture in a mixing bowl together with the buckwheat flour. (I buy complete buckwheat seeds and finely chop them into a flour in the cutter. This way you get a flour with a coarse grain.)
- Finely chop the fresh basil leaves and mix them with the yogurt.
- Heat a pancake pan with a pinch of butter and let it warm up sufficiently. Spoon two tablespoons of the dough and divide nicely over the pan so that you get a thin (+/- 3 mm) pancake. When you see that the pancake at the top also starts to bake / solidify, it’s time to turn . (If you are not very handy with the pan, use a wide spatula) Follow this step until you have used /baked all the dough.
- Place the pancake on a plate and start filling. In this version I opted for smoked salmon, extra arugula leaves, a spoonful of basil yogurt and radish sprouts. As a finishing touch, I sprinkle some black sesame seeds on top.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >