Spinach-avocado soup with crispy kale
- 500 gr spinach fresh
- 1 avocado
- 1 onion
- 1 leek
- 1 clove garlic
- 100 ml coconut cream
- 100 gr kale
- 1 tblspoon pumpkin seeds
- 2 tblspoon olive oil
- 1,5 liter vegetable
- pepper and salt
- Cut the onion and garlic into small pieces. Cut the leek into rings. Put 1 tbsp oil in a deep pan and simmer the onion, garlic and leek.
- Add the fresh spinach (not all at once because there is a lot of volume). When the spinach has shrunk, add the vegetable stock and simmer for 10 minutes on a low heat.
- Put off the heat. Remove the flesh from the avocado and add it to the soup. Mix everything into a soft creamy soup. seazon with pepper and salt.
- Remove the hard stems from the kale. Tear the leaves into pieces and put them in a bowl together with the pumpkin seeds. Add 1 tbsp oil, pepper and salt and mix well with the kale and pumpkin seeds. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Spread the kale and seeds over the plate and bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes at 180º.
- Spoon the soup into the plates. Add 1 tbsp coconut cream. Decorate with the crispy cabbage and pumpkin seeds. Tasty!
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >