Greek spinach and feta empanadas with tzatziki
- 16 sheets dough round, +/- 12 cm
- 150 gr spinach fresh
- 200 gr feta
- 1/2 onion
- 3 eggs 1 to spread over de empanada
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 spoons oliveoil
- 1 handfull mix of fresh herbs dill, tarragon, mint, oregano
- black pepper
- 250 gr greek yogurt
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 spoon oliveoil
- black pepper
- Finely chop the fresh spinach. Shred the onion. Press the clove look. Finely chop the fresh herbs.
- Take a large mixing bowl. Mix the spinach, the onion, garlic and herbs. Add the oil and mix together with two eggs. Crumble the feta and season with black pepper. Mix everything well. (I do this with my hands)
- Open a sheet of dough and in the middle place a tablespoon of the spinach mixture. Fold the round dough and with the handle of a knife or fork, close the edges. Repeat with the remaining dough sheets. Place them next to each other on a baking tray with baking paper. Break the third egg and mix the egg yolk with one tablespoon of water. With a brush you spread the egg on the top of the empanada. (this creates a nice shiny color)
- Preheat the oven to 180º. Place the baking tray in the middle and bake for 25 minutes. Preferably serve warm or lukewarm.
de tzatziki dressing
- Grate the cucumber. Squeeze out the moisture and place in a mixing bowl. Add the yogurt and 1/2 squeezed clove of garlic. Mix everything together well. Finish with the olive oil, some black pepper and a little grated cucumber. Serving cold.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >