Stuffed zucchini, whole grain rice, pepper, olives and anchovies
- cooking pot
- 2 zucchini
- 120 gr whole grain rice dry weight
- 2 red pointed pepper Italian pepper
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 10 black olives
- 6 anchovies
- ½ tea spoon spicy red pepper powder
- 1 tea spoon oregano dried
- 2 tbl spoon olive oil
- 3 tbl spoon grated parmesan
- Rinse the rice and vegetables with water. Place a pot with 1 liter of water on the heat, add a little olive oil and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and cook the rice. Follow the instructions on the package. When the rice is cooked, drain it in a sieve.
- Preheat the oven to 180º.Cut cubes of the red pepper, onion and tomato. Grate the garlic and finely chop the olives and anchovies. Put 1 tablespoon of oil in a pot and sauté the onion and the garlic for 3 minutes. Add the bell pepper and after 3 minutes the diced tomatoes. When the vegetables are cooked, go through them with a hand mixer. Pieces may still be present.
- Return the pot with the sauce to a low heat. Add the olives, anchovies, paprika and oregano. Taste and season if necessary. Finally, mingle in the rice. Take the pot off the heat.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scrape the seeds out of the zucchini. Fill the zucchini with the rice mixture.Place them in an oven dish, drizzle with a little oil and sprinkle with the grated cheese. Place in a preheated oven at 180º for 30 – 35 minutes.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >