Toast Chanterelle with avocado and egg
- frying pan
- toaster / oven / grillpan
- 4 slices bread sliced thick enough
- 2 avocados
- 300 gr Chanterelles fresh mushrooms
- 100 gr Enoki fresh mushrooms
- ¼ lemon only the juice
- 1 tbl spoon coriander fresh chopped
- 1 tbl spoon parsley fresh chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 egg yolk
- 2 tbl spoon olive oil
- 1 t spoon Nigella seeds
- 2 tbl spoon pine nuts toasted
- salt and pepper
- Mash the flesh of the avocados with a fork. Mix with the coriander, lemon juice, pepper and salt. Set aside and cover with plastic wrap.
- Clean the Chanterelles and enoki mushrooms. You can also choose a different mixture, but it is just the Chanterelles that have a special taste. Do NOT rinse them with water! Brush gently with a brush.
- Drizzle the slices of bread with some olive oil and toast them. (can also be done in the oven or on the grill pan)
- Shred the garlic. Put 2 tbsp olive oil in the pan, fry the garlic briefly and add the mushroom mixture. Stir fry for a few minutes. When they are almost done, add the chopped parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Toast the pine nuts over a low heat.
- Spread the toast with a generous layer of the avocado puree. Place the fried Chanterelles on top. Carefully put the egg yolk on top. Finish with Nigella seeds and the toasted pine nuts.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >