Tomato tartar with smoked sardine
- 8 tomato cherry
- 2 tomato kumati or another variety
- 1 tomato monterosa or another variety
- 1/4 red onion
- 4 leaves fresh basil
- 2 tspoon capers
- 2 pickle
- 2 tspoon grain mustard
- 2 tblspoon olive oil
- 2 smoked sardines
- black pepper
- Cut the different tomato varieties into very fine cubes. Finely chop the red onion, pickles and basil leaves.
- Take a bowl and mix the olive oil with the pickles, capers, grain mustard, basil, red onion and season with black pepper. I did not add any extra salt because smoked sardines already are salty.
- Carefully mix the tomato cubes through this dressing. Take a round serving mold and put in the tomato tartar. Remove the mold. Put a smoked sardine on top. Finish with some basil, capers and black pepper.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >