Tomato carpaccio with anchovies and olive oil
- 1 tomato big one "coeur de boeuf"
- 1 tomato large "pink tomato" or other sweet variant
- 10 anchovies (anchoa del cantábrico)
- ½ red onion
- 2 tbl spoon olive oil
- pinch sea salt
- some capers (to your own taste)
- Rinse the tomatoes. Cut the tomatoes into about 10 thin slices with a sharp knife. You can also try with the mandolin but if your tomatoes are very ripe it is easier to cut with a knife.Place them side by side on a platter.
- Cut the red onion into very fine pieces and sprinkle it over the tomato.
- Place an anchovy on each tomato.Sprinkle the tomato with a little salt. (note, not too much because anchovies are already salty) Drizzle with the olive oil… and that's all…Are you a fan of capers? Then you can sprinkle some on top…
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >