Zucchini and lemon tortilla
- 2 zucchini preferably white
- 1 onion
- 5 eggs
- 150 gr cheese grated
- 1 tl nutmeg
- 1 el hierba buena or mint, finely chopped
- 1 el dill finely chopped
- 2 el self-raising flour
- 1 zest of a lemon finely grated skin
- 2 el olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Chop the onion and fry it in 1 tablespoon of oil until it becomes golden glazy. Add the nutmeg, hierba buena or mint and the dill. Set aside and let cool down.
- Grate the zucchini and squeeze out as much moisture as possible. I do this with a filter cloth.
- Beat the eggs and add the sifted flour. Mix well (make sure there are no lumps)
- In a bowl, mix the egg mixture with the onion, zucchini, lemon zest, cheese and spice with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Brush a heat resistant ovendish of +/- 10 x 25 cm with some oil and pour the mixture into it. Bake the tortilla in a preheated oven for 30 minutes at 175º.
- If desired, you can serve an herbal yogurt with, for example, a tzatziki or tarragon yogurt. This together with a fresh tomato-avocado salad adds a Mediterranean touch.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >