Vegetarian tacos with guacamole
The filling of the tortilla
- 6 tortillas
- 1 red pointed pepper
- 2 tomatoes ripe
- 1/2 red onion
- 100 gr corn can be from a can
- 2 spring onions
- 1 carrot grated
- 100 gr cheese grinded
- 1/2 spicy small red pepper
- pepper and salt
The guacamole (quick version)
- 2 avocado's ripe
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 handful coriander fresh
- 1 lime
- pepper and salt
- 2 tblspoon olive oil
- For the filling of the tortilla we will cut all the vegetables into fine cubes. Finely chop the red pointed peppers, tomatoes, red onion. If the corn comes from a can, drain well. Cut the spring onions into fine rings and save separately. I always sprinkle them just before serving. Grate the carrot and chop the red pepper into very little pieces. If you don't like it spicy, get this out from the recipe.
- Place the tacos next to each other in a baking dish and gently fold them in half so that you can fill them with the vegetables. Fill each taco and finally sprinkle some ground cheese on top of each taco. Put in a preheated oven at 180º for 12 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven. Sprinkle the sliced spring onion on top and if desired a little of the spicy red pepper. Serve the guacamole separately.
Guacamole (quick version)
- Cut the avocados into pieces and put them in the cutter. Squeeze the juice from half a lime and sprinkle the avocado pieces with it. Chop the coriander and add it to the avocado with two tablespoons of olive oil. Season with pepper and salt. Finely chop with the cutter to a homogeneous smooth mass.
- If you have children, let them help in the kitchen. It is a playful way for them to eat vegetables and taste something they have prepared themselves.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >