Nutritious fig “bread”, an ideal snack
- 130 gr oatmeal flour you can grind oat flakes
- 30 gr almond flour you can grind raw almonds (without skin)
- 70 gr spelt flour
- 2 eggs
- 10 figs fresh
- 2 tblspoon almond flakes
- 2 tspoon coconut butter
- 1 vanilla stick
- 2 tblspoon almond milk
- 12 gr baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Wash the figs and cut them into small cubes. Beat the eggs foamy. Cut the vanilla pod in half and scrape out the vanilla. Mix this with the eggs.
- Mix the oats into a fine flour. (this can be done perfectly in the blender) Mix the almonds into a fine flour. Mix the spelled flour with the oats and almond flour.
- Mix the egg mixture under the flour and add the milk, the coconut butter and the baking powder. Afterwards you knead half of the figs underneath. Fresh ripe figs will completely disappear under the dough. In the end, do the rest of the figs and make sure they remain visible in pieces.
- Take a baking tin of 20 x 10 cm and divide the dough. The dough can still be quite consistent, spread it with a spoon over the baking tin. I even cut an extra fig into pieces and put them on top of the dough. Bake for 50 minutes at 160º in a preheated oven.
- contains soluble dietary fiber
- helps lower cholesterol levels
- the fibers provide a slow and better digestion
- rich in vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants
- is easily digestible
- low-carbohydrate and gluten-free
- high nutritional value that gives you a feeling of satisfaction
- rich in minerals including manganese
- rich in anti-oxidants
- plays a role in the production of the sex hormone
- contain a lot of fiber
- good against constipation and stomach pain
- promotes digestion
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >