White beans with clams and saffron
- cooking pot
- 400 gr white beans I used precooked from a jar
- 500 gr clams
- 600 ml fish stock
- 1 onion
- 1 green pointed pepper
- 1 red pointed pepper
- 3 cloves garlic grated
- 2 t spoon sweet paprika powder
- ½ t spoon spicy red pepper powder
- 1 tbl spoon olive oil
- 60 ml white wine
- 1 handful leaf parsley chopped
- ½ gr saffron
- 1 tbl spoon flour
- salt and pepper
- Soak the clams in cold water for at least an hour to allow them to release the sand.White beans: if you are using dried, put them in water 24 hours before and then cook them until tender (can take 2 hours). I used precooked white beans from a jar. Here too it is important that you buy quality. Some beans have been boiled so flat that they become mashed when you take them out of their jar. Put them in a sieve and rinse.
- Cut the onion, green and red pepper into small pieces and grate the garlic cloves.Put the olive oil in a pot and fry the finely chopped onion, bell pepper and garlic. Do this on a medium heat for 3 minutes. Add the tablespoon of flour, stir well and deglaze with the white wine.
- Pour over the fish stock and season with the sweet and spicy paprika. Mix everything well and when it starts to simmer add the clams. Put the lid on the pot and let it cook for 3 minutes.
- When the shells are open, add the saffron, parsley and white beans.Taste to see if you want to add more seasoning and you're done…
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >