Red lentils with pumpkin, spinach, ginger and coconut cream
- 200 gr red lentils dried
- 300 gr pumpkin
- 100 gr spinach preferably young leaves
- 4 cm ginger fresh
- 2 tblspoon cocos cream
- 1,5 liter vegetable broth
- 1 onion preferably white, sweet ones
- 2 tblspoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Rinse the lentils until the rinse water runs clear. Cut the onion into small pieces. Cut the pumpkin into cubes of 2cm x 2cm. Rinse the spinach and grate the ginger root.
- Put the olive oil in a deep pan or the tagine. (If I use the terracota tagine, I first put him for 10 min in water ) Fry the onion together with the pumpkin for 3 minutes. Add the grated ginger, the red lentils and the vegetable stock. Let it simmer gently for 20 minutes with the lid on the pan. Stir regularly. The red lentils are a kind that you don't normally need to soak and will become very soft after 15 minutes. (To be on the safe side, read the packaging to see if the ones you use, you need to soak in water)
- When the pumpkin and lentils are soft, add the spinach leaves and stir until they soften. Season with extra salt and pepper (or a little Ras El Hanout). Finally add the coconut cream and serve.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >