Delicious lentils and vegetable stew
- 300 gr lentils
- 2 carrots
- 1 leek
- 2 tomatoes
- 200 gr broccoli
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 liter vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon anise grinded
- 1 teaspoon Ras El Hanout (can also be a mix of cumin, curry and ginger)
- black pepper
- 150 gr tomato paste
- If possible, put the lentils in water for two hours. Put them in a pot together with the vegetable broth.
- Cut the carrots into thin slices, tomatoes in cubes and remove the small broccoli roses. Halve the leek in length and cut it into small pieces. Shredders the garlic.
- Add all vegetables to the lentils in the stew together with the herbs and tomato paste. Pour on a gentle fire for about 1 hour. If desired, season with some black pepper.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >