Nutricious soup with black lentils, pumpkin, carrot and ginger
- cooking pot
- 220 gr lentils I used the black Beluga lentils
- 250 gr pumpkin
- 2 carrots
- 2 cm ginger freshly grated
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tomatoes
- 1½ liter vegetable broth
- 2 tbl spoon olive oil
- 2 laurel
- pepper and salt
- 1 tbl spoon parsley fresh shopped
- 1 tbl spoon chives fresh shopped
- Rinse the lentils until the rinse water runs clear.Grate the garlic and ginger root. Peel the tomato and cut it into pieces.Cut the pumpkin into cubes. Grate / peel the carrots and cut them into slices.
- Put the oil in a pan and stew the garlic, ginger and diced tomatoes. After a minute, add the pumpkin and carrot. (keep some carrot aside to cook separately). Stew for a few minutes. Add the lentils and bay leaves. Pour over the vegetable broth. Make sure that all is covered for about 1 cm under water (stock). Put the lid on the pan and let it simmer. Season with salt and pepper. Stir regularly.
- The color of the lentils will also lightly color your soup and vegetables. That's why I cook a 1/2 carrot and a little pumpkin separately. When serving, I put these on top of the plate and they provide a fresh color.
- Depending on the type of lentils you use, the soup should be ready after about 40 minutes. (read the instructions on the packaging) Taste again and, if necessary, add some salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Serve with the carrot slices that you have cooked separately and with the shredded parsley and chives. This soup is already very filling and nutritious on its own, but if you want you can serve it with a piece of whole wheat bread…
Interested in reading more about detox? Have a look at: https://www.puurmooi.be/detox/
Download my E-book
This booklet is my culinary ode to the Mediterranean cuisine; a collection of flavors and aromas that embody my passion for cooking, intended to inspire or enrich both the experienced chef and the home cook with the simplicity and purity of Mediterranean tastes. Easy recipes, accessible to everyone, and with a broad palette of flavors.Order here
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay informed about the latest news and amazing recipes.