Orzo pasta with zucchini, tomato and spinach
- deep pan
- cooking pot
- 300 gr orzo pasta
- 400 ml passata mashed tomatoes puree
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 50 gr baby spinach
- 1 zucchini
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 glass water
- ½ cube vegetable broth
- 2 tea spoon sweet paprika powder
- 2 tbl spoon tomato paste
- 1 tea spoon harissa pasta spicy concentrate made of peppers
- 3 tbl spoon olive oil
- 10 gr basil fresh
- Put a pot of water (with a dash of olive oil and a pinch of salt) on the heat and cook the orzo pasta according to the instructions on the package. Do not let it cook for too long because it will be fried afterwards. Place the pasta in a colander, discarding the excess water and toss in a tablespoon of olive oil. Make sure it doesn't stick together.
- Wash the zucchini (I don't peel it). Cut it in half lengthwise and then cut it in half again lengthwise. Now cut fine slices. Shred the cloves of garlic.Rinse the tomatoes and spinach.
- Put 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a deep pan and fry the garlic for one minut. Than add the zucchini and fry for another 3 minutes. Add a glass of water, the spinach, cherry tomatoes, tomato concentrate and harissa. (if you don't have harissa, take 1/2 tsp chili flakes) Stew and stir until the spinach has wilted. Crumble the stock cube and sprinkle with the paprika.Add the passata and stir well. Taste and season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Now spoon in the orzo pasta and let it simmer for another 3 minutes.
- At the end I added some shredded basil because I love the combination of tomato and basil. I served this pasta with a piece of baked hake.
Download my E-book
This booklet is my culinary ode to the Mediterranean cuisine; a collection of flavors and aromas that embody my passion for cooking, intended to inspire or enrich both the experienced chef and the home cook with the simplicity and purity of Mediterranean tastes. Easy recipes, accessible to everyone, and with a broad palette of flavors.Order here
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay informed about the latest news and amazing recipes.