Risotto with boletus and white truffle oil
- 300 gr risotto rice f.e. Arborio. I don't always have risotto rice at home. Then I sometimes dare to replace it with the rice I use for paella (Bomba)
- 400 gr fresh boletus or mixed mushrooms
- 1 liter vegetable broth Provide an extra amount so that you have it ready should the rice get too dry
- 50 gr grated parmesan
- 1 shallot
- 1 egg yolk If you serve individually, provide a yolk per plate
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 tblspoon olive oil
- 2 tblspoon truffle oil You can make it yourself by mixing a few shavings of truffle in a bottle with soft olive oil. Do this a few weeks before.
- truffle ground or planed
- 1 handfull chives chopped
- salt and pepper
Bake the boletus
- Clean the boletus (or mixed mushrooms) with a brush. Cut them into pieces or slices. Then fry them in 2 tbsp olive oil until they start to color lightly brown. Seazon with pepper and salt. Set aside for a moment. (I do this while my rice is simmering)
Prepair the risotto
- Shred the shallot and crush the garlic, stew in 1 tbsp olive oil. Add the rice and fry it with the shallot. (Before I add the rice I rinse it briefly). Pour 2/3 of the stock so that the rice is just under the moisture. Put the lid on the pot and let it simmer on a low heat. Check regularly if there is enough moisture. As the rice cooks, the moisture may have almost completely evaporated.
- Mix in the 2 tbsp truffle oil, the fried boletus, the butter and the parmesan cheese. If necessary, season some more with salt and pepper.
- Break the egg and separate the yolk from the egg white. Serve individually or on a platter. Place the yolk on top. (If you serve in separate plates, make sure everyone has an egg yolk). Sprinkle some finely chopped chives over it.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >