to prepare the pesto
- 1 clove garlic If you don't like the sharpness of garlic than first cook them a few minutes
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 50 gram basil use fresh basil but dry leaves
- 20 gram Parmesan cheese grated
- 20 gram pine nuts lightly toasted
- 3 tbl spoon olive oil
- 1 tbl spoon lemon juice depends on your taste…
- 3 medium tomatoes preferably ripe
- 10 leaves basil
- 125 gr Mozzarella one whole piece
- 2 tbl spoon olive oil
- 1 tbl spoon balsamico or Pedro Ximenez syrup
- black pepper and seasalt
to make the pesto
- In a mortar, mash the garlic clove and pine nuts. Add the rest of the ingredients for the pesto and work everything in the mortar until you get a smooth paste. If you use an electric cutter, be careful that the blades do not get too hot. Otherwise the pesto will turn into a more brown color…
- Cut the tomatoes into 3-5 mm slices and divide them over a plate. Cut the mozzarella into 3 mm thick slices and place them over the tomatoes. I like to just tear the Mozzarella apart and divide it into pieces over the salad. Add some extra basil leaves. Put some of the pesto over the salad. Cover with a bit off olive oil and the balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >