Cherry mocktail with cloves and anise seeds
- cooking pot
- puree pestle
- 500 gr cherries fresh
- 8 cloves
- 2 tspoon anise seeds
- 300 ml water
- 1/2 lime juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 tblspoon honey
- 2 bottles tonic
- some mint leaves and extra cherries to decorate
- ice cubes
- Rinse the cherries. Pit them with a cherry pitter or with a knife.Place the cherries in a cooking pot with the honey, anise seeds, cloves, water and the juice of half a lime. Put the lid on the pot and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. With a masher, mash the cherries to a pulp.Stir well. Let it soak in the pot for another 5 minutes.Pour this pulp through a sieve so that you only catch the juice and put it in the fridge to cool down.
- Divide the ice cubes between the glasses until they are 3/4 filled up. Spread the cherry juice over it. Top up with mild tonic water.
- You can decorate the glasses with some mint leaves and extra cherries.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >