Cherry mocktail with cloves and anise seeds
- cooking pot
- puree pestle
- 500 gr cherries fresh
- 8 cloves
- 2 tspoon anise seeds
- 300 ml water
- 1/2 lime juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 tblspoon honey
- 2 bottles tonic
- some mint leaves and extra cherries to decorate
- ice cubes
- Rinse the cherries. Pit them with a cherry pitter or with a knife.Place the cherries in a cooking pot with the honey, anise seeds, cloves, water and the juice of half a lime. Put the lid on the pot and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. With a masher, mash the cherries to a pulp.Stir well. Let it soak in the pot for another 5 minutes.Pour this pulp through a sieve so that you only catch the juice and put it in the fridge to cool down.
- Divide the ice cubes between the glasses until they are 3/4 filled up. Spread the cherry juice over it. Top up with mild tonic water.
- You can decorate the glasses with some mint leaves and extra cherries.
Download my E-book
This booklet is my culinary ode to the Mediterranean cuisine; a collection of flavors and aromas that embody my passion for cooking, intended to inspire or enrich both the experienced chef and the home cook with the simplicity and purity of Mediterranean tastes. Easy recipes, accessible to everyone, and with a broad palette of flavors.Order here
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay informed about the latest news and amazing recipes.