- 500 ml almond milk
- 2 tspoon tumeric
- 1 vanilla stick
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 seeds cardamom
- 1 cm ginger fresh
- 2 tspoon honing
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Make a small notch in the cardamom seeds with a knife (this will release the flavors and smells) Cut the vanilla pod in half and scoop out the vanilla seeds. Peel the piece of ginger root.
- Bring the milk to a boil in a pan. Add all ingredients. Cook for 5 minutes on a low heat and stir regularly. Pour the milk through a fine sieve and devide over the two glasses. Drink hot.
- Strongly anti-inflammatory for joints, tendons and muscles.
- Relieves joint pain in rheumatism, osteoarthritis and arthritis.
- Helps against muscle pain.
- Promotes the production of serotonin and dopamine which can fight depression.
- Boost the resistance, are active anti-oxidants protect against diseases such as flu and colds.
- Improves attention and memory.
- Inhibits the growth of cancer cells.
- Improves digestion and has a positive effect on the intestines.
- Cinnamon is full of anti-oxidants, they help to repair tissue damage.
- Cinnamon could be an important ingredient in the fight against obesity. Cinnamon aldehyde, a fragrance that occurs in cinnamon, would stimulate fat burning.
- It helps to regulate the insulin content in the blood.
- Research from the University of Toronto (2013) has confirmed that even short-term use of real Ceylon cinnamon can significantly lower blood pressure.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >