Grilled corn with parsley butter and Nigella seeds
- grill pan
- cutter / blender
- 4 corn on the cob
- 150 gr butter unsalted, may be cream butter
- 20 gr parsley fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tl Nigella seeds to taste
- 2 tbl spoon olive oil
- coarse salt and black pepper
- If the cobs are still in their leaves, fold them back. I leave them on the corn because this presents nice. Rinse the flasks and remove the fine hairs.
- Put the oil in a grill pan, spread it with a brush and place the corn in it. Grill them for 30 minutes, turning them regularly. Note: I put them fresh in the pan so I'm not going to cook them first. In my opinion, they are much tastier if you bake them fresh and season them. When they are almost done, season with the coarse salt and black pepper.
- Make the parsley butter. Melt the butter a little in a pan. Put these together with the parsley, pepper and salt in a blender / cutter. Mix until you get a fine butter. Pour into a jar and let it cool in the fridge for at least 10 minutes.
- Serve the cobs warm, spread with the parsley butter and finish with Nigella seeds and possibly some coarse salt…
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >