Langoustines with spicy passion fruit
- 12 langoustines peeled, except for the tail
- 4 passion fruit
- 2 tblspoon olive oil
- 2 tspoon honey
- 1 tblspoon sweet – hot Thai sauce or 1/2 small red spanish hot pepper
- 1/4 lime only the juice
- 1 pinch pepper and salt
- Cut of the cap / head of 4 passionfruit so that your can scoop the contenta with a teaspoon. Remove all seeds and juice from passion fruit. Do this in a separate bowl and mix with honey, juice of 1/4 lime and Thai sauce (or the spicy pepper cut into small pieces) Test and if you find it a bit too sour add some extra honey. The sauce might be really spicy.
- The langoustines are peeled except the tail after and fry them lightly in olive oil. Make them a little crispy. Season with salt and pepper
- Fillup every empty passion fruit with 3 langoustines and spoon some of the sauce over. Keep extra sauce aside for the lovers who want more.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >