Tacos with tzatziki and crunchy vegetables
- 12 taco shells bought
- 2 lettuce hearts
- 140 gr corn
- 3 radish
- 15 cherry tomatoes
- 2 spring onion
- ¼ red onion
- 2 tbl spoon coriander fresh chopped
Ingredients to make tzatziki
- 125 gr Greek yogurt
- 150 gr cucumber = 1 small
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tbl spoon dill fresh chopped
- ½ tbl spoon olive oil
- pinch salt
- Turn on the oven at 180º. Ten minutes before serving, heat the taco shells on an oven tray lined with baking paper for 5 minutes. (put them neatly next to each other in the oven)
Make the Tzatziki:
- Rinse the cucumber. Grate it with the mandoline. Squeeze out the liquid or use cheesecloth to squeeze out the liquid. Put the yoghurt in a bowl together with the crushed garlic clove. NB! Do not use too much garlic because raw it is quite spicy and the taste is very strong. Also put the other ingredients for the tzatziki together in the bowl (cucumber, dill, olive oil and salt). Personally, I like to add a little bit of white pepper, but that is to your own taste. Mix everything with a spoon and refrigerate.
- Rinse the radishes and slice finely with a knife or mandoline.If you use canned corn, drain it.Cut the lettuce hearts into thin slices.Rinse the cherry tomatoes and cut them into quarters.Finely slice the spring onions.Cut the red onion into fine half rings.Chop the coriander.
- I prefer to put all the ingredients in separate bowls so that everyone can chose their own taste. If you still want to serve ready-made tacos, proceed as follows:After heating the tacos, first fill with a layer of lettuce, and then add a little of all the other ingredients. Spoon a spoonful of tzatziki on top and garnish with the coriander.
Download my E-book
This booklet is my culinary ode to the Mediterranean cuisine; a collection of flavors and aromas that embody my passion for cooking, intended to inspire or enrich both the experienced chef and the home cook with the simplicity and purity of Mediterranean tastes. Easy recipes, accessible to everyone, and with a broad palette of flavors.Order here
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay informed about the latest news and amazing recipes.