Delicious pearl couscous tabbouleh
- 150 gr pearl couscous
- 400 ml Water
- 3 tomatoes
- 3 spring onions
- 2 tblsp pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 lime juice
- 2 tblsp olijfolie
- 1 handfull parsley fresh
- salt and pepper
- Follow the instructions on the packaging and boil the pearl couscous in slightly salted water. Once cooked, put it in a sieve so that he can drain. Mix one tablespoon of olive oil and stir well. Avoid that the couscous is getting sticky.
- Rinse the tomatoes, remove the hard part and cut them into small cubes. Cut the spring onions into fine rings (both the white and the green part) Chop the red onion very finely. Remove the seeds from 1/4 pomegranate. Chop the parsley into smaller pieces. Squeeze the juice of one lime.
- Take a large mixing bowl and add the pearl couscous together with all the other ingredients. Keep a little bit of parsley and pomegranate seeds aside to sprinkle them on top before serving. Seazon with pepper and salt. Serve cold.
- 100 g couscous contains +/- 70 g carbohydrates, similar to white pasta.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >